The Peninsula's leading media company, Embarcadero Media, is seeking a strategic, hands-on, adaptable Marketing Assistant to join our growing marketing team either full or part time. He/she works directly with the Marketing Director and Community Engagement Manager, taking on a variety of marketing tasks and daily administrative duties to support the growth, engagement and outreach of our award-winning print and digital news publications. This is an amazing opportunity for someone wanting to start their career in marketing, content and/or media.
The ideal Marketing Assistant...
- Has a passion for building skills in multiple facets of marketing incl. content creation, copywriting, data analytics, email, mobile, social media, outreach and partnerships
- Is quickly able to learn on the fly, i.e., learning how to use new marketing tools -- Bonus if you have experience working in Mailchimp, InDesign and/or Google Analytics
- Is an organized go-getter who can swiftly switch gears and wear multiple hats.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Relies on his/her resourcefulness to get the job done but also knows when to escalate questions/issues
- Feels comfortable using digital media and social networking tools
- Is thorough and detailed-oriented, finding even the smallest typos is your jam
- Is a team player
- Holds a deep desire to connect with our local communities
- Passion for the company's editorial mission and commitment to diversity
- Assist the Marketing Director with the research, planning, creation and execution of B2C (reader subscriptions) and B2B (advertising clients) marketing campaigns for a portfolio of six local news and lifestyle brands (print and digital)
- Support membership growth and retention marketing strategies to build reader revenue
- Execute regular email marketing campaigns (Mailchimp) and report on performance
- Help manage communication and projects for Institutional Members
- Support and execute on content development for social media channels, advertising clients and sales enablement
- Support/coordinate corporate and member/reader events
- Monitor and report on digital campaign performance and analytics
- Perform periodic duties for the sales support team
- Help organize and maintain CRM system to support sales efforts
- Identify untapped opportunities for marketing and community outreach
- Assist senior management (CEO, CFO and VP/Sales) as needed on special projects
Bachelor's degree, with a Marketing or Communication major preferred
Please email your resume and a cover letter describing why you believe you are the right fit with Embarcadero Media.