Embarcadero Media is a multimedia marketing company and an industry leader with a 40-year track record in the local markets of Palo Alto, Mountain View and Menlo Park. Our award-winning digital websites (Palo Alto Online / Mountain View Online / AlmanacNews.com) have strategically positioned us as the prime source of local information in our markets. We're expanding our digital products lines and we're looking for a seasoned digital sales professional to make a big impact on the company's bottom line.
S/he is responsible for revenue generation on Embarcadero websites, daily email newsletters, Weekend Express newsletters, Peninsula Foodist newsletters, sponsored content, email marketing blasts, The Six Fifty and other digital products under development.
In addition to overseeing the company's digital sales efforts, the Digital Sales Manager assists in developing sales and marketing strategies to position the company for future success as a news organization with a diverse portfolio of digital products and services. This position reports to the Vice President of Sales & Marketing.
- Exceed monthly online sales targets and drive digital revenues for the company.
- Build quality sales pipeline to forecast best case and most likely sales volume over specified timeline.
- Close new business consistently at or above your target expectations.
- Serve as the company's leading sales expert and advocate for all digital products.
- Directly supervise the digital sales team, including a sales person responsible for transient. event-focused digital advertising and another pursuing assigned digital account prospects.
- Analyze and share performance metrics data of digital advertising products with sales staff and management.
- Work with Marketing Director to develop and execute marketing strategies for our entire digital portfolio.
- Pursue high-priority account prospects assigned by the VP of Sales.
- Conduct digital sales training sessions with sales staff.
Desired Qualifications & Skills:
- 3+ years closing digital advertising.
- Proven track record selling digital advertising products.
- Expertise in digital advertising and metrics.
- Interest in leading and managing others.
- Consumer of social media and news-oriented websites.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented and multi-task capabilities.
- History of exceeding sales targets.
- Proven ability to successfully drive revenue through the development of long-term strategic relationships.
Compensation includes base salary plus commission, health benefits, vacation, 401k, profit sharing. We offer a culture where employees are respected, supported and given the opportunity to grow as we innovate in today's local media environment.
Please email your resume and a cover letter describing why you believe you are the right fit with Embarcadero Media.