Digital Sales Manager
The Peninsula's leading media company, Embarcadero Media, is seeking a dynamic digital sales manager to join our growing sales team, lead digital sales growth, be a part of pioneering new digital sales products, and significantly impact company revenue. If you thrive in a community-focused environment where you can offer creative solutions and truly deliver value to your clients, consider joining the EM team.
We are committed to your professional development and provide extensive onboarding and ongoing sales training to help you deliver integrated, client-focused solutions to our select audience of local business owners to grow sales revenue and improve customer retention.
Responsibilities: S/he is responsible for digital revenue generation on Embarcadero websites, email newsletters, sponsored content, dedicated email blasts, The Six Fifty, Peninsula Foodist, and other digital products under development. In addition, the Digital Sales Manager will assist the management team in identifying and developing new digital products for our core markets.
This position will focus on real estate and display digital ad sales to high-priority accounts, advertisers in the Mountain View and Redwood City markets, and accounts prospected outside of our local markets. This position reports to the Chief Revenue Officer.
- Exceed monthly digital sales targets and drive digital sales revenue for the company.
- Develop new business and manage the sales cycle from start to finish.
- Close new business consistently at or above your target expectations.
- Serve as the company's leading sales expert and advocate for all digital products.
- Analyze and share KPIs of digital advertising products with sales staff and management.
- Work with Marketing Director to develop and execute digital marketing collateral and use MailChimp, Google Ad Manager, and Google Analytics to provide up-to-date performance data to clients.
- Pursue high-priority account prospects assigned by the CRO and targeted for digital advertising solutions.
- Migrate print advertisers over to digital advertising.
- Use data to demonstrate ROI to prospective advertisers.
- Provide digital training to sales staff in weekly sales meetings.
Desired Qualifications & Skills:
- 2+ years of digital advertising preferred.
- Proven track record selling digital advertising products.
- Hunter Mentality.
- Consumer of social media and news-oriented websites.
- Preferred expertise in digital advertising metrics and analytics.
- Detail-oriented and multi-task capabilities.
- Track record of exceeding sales targets.
- Proven ability to drive revenue successfully through the development of long-term strategic relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Compensation includes base salary, commission, health benefits, vacation, 401k, and profit sharing. We offer a culture where employees are respected, supported, and given the opportunity to grow as we innovate in today's local media environment.
Please email your resume and a cover letter describing why you believe you are the right fit with Embarcadero Media.